1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

logo on your plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by captdevo, Dec 20, 2002.

1. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

i searched and found where some put their logos on their plows with paint (only to last a limited time) or on the backside of the moldboard (of a clear plow)

i was wondering if anyone has painted or vinyl lettered their moldboard and covered it with a piece of clear lexan or acrylic?

also, how long before it's scratched to much to do any good?

seems like a great place to advertise if you can utilize it.

2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

How long

Not very long as to say it looks nice.;) What I found lasted the longest & still looked nice was on the Snow deflectors. When I was into advertizing for more work, it was the best. :waving: I wish I still had one as I could post a pic. Now I don't have sign anywere on the truck or plow as I don't want any more work than what I already have.

3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

If you look close

in my pic. there is a little BOSS plow ad on my deflector. I used the whole deflector :waving: for my ad & phone #.

4. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

i see...thats a good idea.

thanks

5. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

If you put the logo on the backside of the moldboard it should last quite awhile!!:rolleyes:

6. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

RogerDodger

That's fine if you have a clear moldboard but he doesn't :rolleyes: .

I would bet it's like 2 out of 100 who have a clear moldboard. :rolleyes:

And as for puting it in between the steel & a pcs. of clear it would work. But how long it will look good without it being all scrached up, not long IMHO

Last edited: Dec 20, 2002
  7. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

I figured his moldboard wasn't clear poly... was just being sarcastic instead of helpful!;)

8. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i painted my # on the moldboard of my western's, lasts for some time. also gives you something to do when its not snowing.(touching them up)

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I'm like Ohiosnow, don't need any more plow work for sure. So I put fun stuff on the plows. Anybody with children will know who they are. What a great response from everyone I saw on the road. I never saw so many thumb's ups, people smiling, people laughing, etc. etc. while travelling our traffic clogged roads during a snow storm. What a hit! The wings will have the jelly fish for the next storm ;)

sponge bob on the plow.jpg

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

HEY DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN MEYERS HAD A GIANT DECAL TO PUT ON THE FRONT OF THE PLOW IT HAD A BIG MOUTH THAT LOOK LIKE IT WAS EATING SNOW. WONDER IF THEIR STILL AVALIBLE

CARDOCTOR

DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMA$:D

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I GOT ONE in my room here taped to my wall. Its great (even if it is a meyer product) i dont know if they still make the sticker though the date on the print on the bottom says 1979.

They sent it to me when i was a little kid.

Jay

12. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Hey, BRL, you got the whole crusty crew there, LOL, good job. Any way I have seen a few companies that have painted there snow pushers with their logos and stuff and they look great, would like to do that someday, oh well Just my two cents

13. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Hey BRL,

Good choice! This guys rides on the dash and watches out for curbs.

Mark

spong1.jpg

14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Sponge Bob, Square pants,...Sponge Bob, Square pants,...Sponge Booooooob, Square paaaaaaants!

15. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

AAAAALLLLLLLLRIGHTY THEN;) I am gonna buy a 8'x8" piece of 1/4" lexan for a foil on top and I already have the letters in black vinyl.

~Nate~

16. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Seems no matter what time of day it is, the Captain starts his song....
    OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhh,.....Who lives in a pineapple under the sea....

That show must air ten times a day!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2002
  17. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

somebody should have a decal made of Homer Simpson wearing the MR. Plow jacket. That would look awesome on a plow:D