1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Logo on Fender

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sllwjo, Sep 21, 2002.

1. sllwjo

sllwjo Junior Member

How can I replace the logo on the fender? I removed the old one and bought new ones. I can't figure out how to reach behind the fender to be able to screw on the new logo. Anyone ever replace them and how did you do it?
  2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I won't be able to help answer this question, but I can help you prepare for others to answer your question because you did not give us any information about your vehicle. You need to specify the model and year of your vehicle, and a brief description of your fender and the size of logo, etc. Do the logo have screw on or is it snap in or a bolt/nut? The more information you give to us, the more help you would get from us. And the more likely you will get answered.

By the way, welcome to the Plowsite. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have. :waving:
  3. sllwjo

sllwjo Junior Member

Sorry about that! It is a 1987 Chevy Silverado 10 series. The logos have threads on the posts.
  4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

there is holes on the other side of the fender. but, i think you have to take the fender off to get to them. so i would put a little JB WELD or other adhesive behind a couple of the symbols and stick it on with some masking tape to let it dry
  5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Barrel nuts

I have used a product called barrel nuts to hold those emblems on. You may have to enlarge the holes in the fender a bit to get them to fit. Then you just push the studs of the emblem into the barrel nuts.
    I would try a parts store to find them. Be sure to take the emblem with you to get the right size nut.
    If you can't find them I'll see if I have any more and mail them to you.
    Hope you can find some,
    Mark K
  6. sllwjo

sllwjo Junior Member

Thanks for the info on the barrel nuts. They worked like a charm!:D