1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Logo Help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by SmsSnowPlowing, Nov 22, 2006.

1. SmsSnowPlowing

SmsSnowPlowing Junior Member

I have someone that is designing a logo for me, but they asked me for ideas and I have not a clue. I don't do landscaping which would probably make it easier for me to decide on a logo but I seriously need help lol, ideas, samples anything. Thanks:dizzy:
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Have them draw a picture of a hotrod truck, with a complete plow setup on it. Make it look like your truck. Or maybe a truck with a snowblower on the front? LOL
  3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Don't go too complicated. Simple is timeless...... keep it simple.
  4. smitty3903

smitty3903 Junior Member

You need a logo that will represent you. Decide what you want on it, If you want your truck take a pic of your truck and work around it. It can be tough i like to think that your logo shows the type of person you are. i.e. a big hot rod truck with flames and big monster tires shows there is a childish side. A pic of a truck that you would see on the road everyday shows a perfectionist. some who cares about there work. Keep it on and adult level.
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

so twenty years down the road, the logo of your now antiquated truck says that your an old timer plowing for beer:D
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

look, a logo is a brand identity, if you have not been in business awhile, and you can't come up with any ideas yourself- you aren't sure of what your identity is all about......don't get the logo just yet. Be lame but smart and just have your company name professionally printed on everything. Pick a favorite font and roll with it, but hold off on the logo until your ready.

It took me 3 years of running my business till I realized the direction I wanted to go, at which point a logo and slogan came immediately and I am very happy with them.