1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Log Books

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PlowingPreacher, Feb 1, 2014.

1. PlowingPreacher

PlowingPreacher Junior Member

What do you guys use to keep track of drives/accounts that you do while doing them? Some kind of log book or some other means? Any suggestions appreciated!
  2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I have made a simple tracking sheet in excel. Date on top, location, start, finish. Keeps track of what I require.
    Don't have the file here though.
  3. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Excel spread sheet customer info plus space for notes, organized by area works for me.
  4. wondo

wondo Senior Member

I use a pad of paper one page per event

date and time I pick up salt (I pick up salt before I start my route)
    -property x time in/out
    -property y time in/out

After my route is done I put in the log section of my accordion folder which has worked great for me. I have a section for fuel receipts, salt load slips, tools, misc. receipts, and a few others. I only take it out of my truck when I do invoices and then file everything away. I'm just a one man operation so it's simple enough for me.
  5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

6. ColliCut

ColliCut Member

I use a voice recorder.
  7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I do the same thing, simple fast and bill right from that.
  8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I use one of the variations in this thread.....very detailed. People quiet down and pay quick when I tell them time, date, site and weather conditions etc
  9. PlowingPreacher

PlowingPreacher Junior Member

Thanks for the help!:nod:
  10. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

since I charge per push I just have a simple sheet typed up with the clients name and phone number. check them off as I go.