1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locking up MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by icemanjpc, Feb 5, 2009.

1. icemanjpc

icemanjpc Junior Member
    from boston

Any idea's on how to secure MM 2 off truck so it cant be stolen

2. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

With the plow off the truck, put a padlock on the highest possible hole in the jack leg, below the horizontal cross member of the headgear.

That way if they drive into it, they won't be able to lift the jack leg up in the air to get the plow off the ground.

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

wouldnt stop me id just take it if the jackstnad broke off so be it
    i run a calbe around the pins and lock it so that way you cant retract the pins to get in and hook it up.. again wont stop everyone but you might see/hear them trying to get the cable cut

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Guard dog or one of those Rent-a-cop agencies may be able to help you.............

J/K...there are a few guys on here that have fabricated locking mechanisms that slide into the push plates on the plow side and they are able to lock it in place, search in the pics section (i think that's where they are)

5. icemanjpc

icemanjpc Junior Member
    from boston

Thanks I will look in the pics

6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

7. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

12 gauge, and a bottle of whiskey. Now just wait for the little sh*t to attempt it, dial 911 and tell em they'd better bring the squad!
    The word will get out, and no one in their right mind would ever take anything from you again. I'll guarantee you that.:nod:
    JMO

8. Ladder15

Ladder15 Junior Member

I bought the one in the brakeandclutch link that bigdave posted above. I think it's great. It encloses the pins so the plow cannot be mounted. I suppose if someone wanted to lift it up and haul it off......that's a different story. At least this is a visible deterrent and prevents someone from driving up, attaching and driving off in about a minute.
    L15

9. BigDave12768

Guy on CL has gone up on price. But added Pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I just push the headgear all the way forward and wrap the carry chain around the head gear and padlock it to keep the headgear from being pushed back preventing it from being attached. Yeah a good pair of bolt cutters would free it, but even those plow locks use padlocks.

locks only keep honest people honest, if someone wants your plow they're going to get it.

11. stillen

stillen Senior Member

i pray for someone to steal mine, i can use the insurance cash to buy a stainess x

12. pyro

pyro Junior Member

use a BLADELOCK...

try a bladelock... you can see how it works on youtube
    just search for bladelock09 on youtube

13. BigDave12768

Thx for link Pyro. I have been considering one. That link may have just sold me on one

14. pyro

pyro Junior Member

Your welcome. by the way, who is the guy on CL anyway? i tried the link but it was removed... are those pics from CL or is that your plow?

15. icemanjpc

icemanjpc Junior Member
    from boston

after look at the pic and seeing different flaws that could be improved i had some spare time and made two as soon as i take the pictures i will post them. Thank you for every ones responses

16. BigDave12768

No thats the lock the guy makes. he charges 125 for it. Search Boston CL for plow lock

17. pyro

pyro Junior Member

Thank you, I appreciate the good feed back... would you be willing to write a testimonial for our site?

18. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I also use a Bladelock, and feel safer with it. As already stated, if someone wants something bad enough, they can still get it by loading it into the back of a truck or something, but they wont be just clicking into my plow and driving away.

I assume you are with the company that fabrictes them. Is it still Ward Fabrication?

Ken

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  19. Ladder15

Ladder15 Junior Member

Sure. I'm very happy with the BladeLock. Been on and off my plow many times in the past few years. Easy to use. Solidly made. I do feel the plow is safer using it.

PM me with any details of how you would like me to submit.

Ladder15

20. pyro

pyro Junior Member

Yes, I am and we are... thank you as well
    Kelly
    a.k.a. PYRO