1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

locking ultramount frame guides

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by crazymike, Dec 4, 2005.

1. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I tried this in the main forum, but didn't have any luck.

People around here keep getting there frame guides stolen. Has anyone came up with a solution to lock them? other than removing them.

It's far easier to leave them on, because usually when I take my plow off, I'm in a hurry.

I was thinking of maybe welding on 2 loops, truck side and mount side and putting a pad lock through.

I prefer to leave them on, any ideas?
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I haven't had that problem, but, I think what I would do is buy a matched key set of long thin master locks, take the hair pin out, enlarge the hole a little and put a lock on each one. I may do that anyway since for some reason my right side keeps tearing up the hair pins til they fall out.
    I have locks for my lawn equipment that are really close in size I just need to enlarge a very small amount. If I do I will let you know how it works out.
  3. racer0175

racer0175 Member

i was actually thinking the same thing when i put this plow on...they would be real easy to steal...

that seems to be a good idea about the locks, but only if the hole is enlarged alittle bit....still seems easy to use a pair of bolt cutters...

what i was thinking of doing was drilling a hole sideways thru bolt pieces of metal, and putting a bolt with a locknut on it...you wouldn't even need the pin then....