1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locking the new customer

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by J.P. Riker, Dec 12, 2003.

1. J.P. Riker

J.P. Riker Junior Member

I wanted to know how some you lock your customers in the cases where you get the last minute calls for service.

I have a growing list of customers, and every now and then I get a request for a quote. I qoute them, paper the contract to them, and don't hear from them until it snows.

The way I work it, is they sign my rate quote, give me a $ 25 deposit to cover the stake out of the driveway, and then I charge them per push.

I have had people call me, not signed the deal, and want to get plowed out, and I am left to guess where the driveway ends and where the landscaping begins.

It is also notewothy that my unconditional release is on the back of the quote agreement.

Any suggestions?
  2. rusty gmc

rusty gmc Junior Member
    from maine

cash before bash!!!!!!
  3. DadnSon

DadnSon Junior Member

First come, first served and if you wait until the last minute then, you will be plowed in the same manner.

I give them a deadline to sign and make sure the deadline date is in bold print. I'll inform them that if they contact me after the stated date then, the contract price goes up a few bucks.
    I always give courtesy calls the day before the deadline.
  4. i do the same as DadandSon does, i also include that there is ZERO gaurentee that i can fit them in after that date, then if i dont want the account, its an easy way to get rid of em.

but for those that call in during a storm, they pay double payup