1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

locking hubs

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DELBERT, Feb 1, 2005.

1. DELBERT

DELBERT Member

I have a 2002 2500 ram quad cab 5.9 5 speed manual my front drive shaft turns all the time if aI am in 4x4 or not some models after a build date dodge did not put an automatic disengage system on the front axel is there anybody that knows of a lock out hub system

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

You mean you have no Center Axle Disconnect system? (the big band aid section on the right axle tube) in 94 dodge went to CAD and eliminated hubs- there are no conversions available that I have seen. I know of people completely replacing the front axle with a Ford based Dana 60 but it's a bit extreme.

If the CAD system is working the front shaft may rotate a little simply from drag. The axle on the right is split in 2 letting the left axle rotate the diff- if the diff friction is greater than the shaft friction the shaft turns a little too- that's normal.

I would LOVE to put hubs on mine.

3. Ian

Ian Member

Yes there is.

Yep,

I looked at them before. There are a few companies that sell conversion kits. One of them can be seen at Dynatrac.com. Click on parts and components and find dodge hub conversion kit. Looks great. The basic kit is just under 2 grand. It can be done in your driveway.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Nice!! An Axle conversion is like $3K or so I think- Gotta start saving my pennies! :bluebounc