1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locking hubs o-ring

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PAsuperduty, Jan 17, 2005.

1. PAsuperduty

PAsuperduty Junior Member
    from Penna.

I have a 2001 f250 4x4 super duty . I was looking at the front end after it returned from a fire wood pick up run. I went to set them to man. and see that the o-rings are comming out on the out side of there seat. Has this happend to anyone & can i get new o-rings and install them without much hassle
  2. bingermann

bingermann Member

O ring problem

I am not sure that you can only buy the replacement o-ring. I do know that the stock hubs can be easily replaced with Warn hubs and anyone with minimal knowledge and machanical ability can install them. Warn replacement hubs can be found for around $160/pair.
  3. s-10racing

s-10racing Junior Member
    from east

i would try dealer first,, or truck parts store, , i always have had luck at a place called tractor supply, they have all kinds of oddball parts,you have to eyeball it up , dont know if any are close to you. goodluck , matt
  4. PAsuperduty

PAsuperduty Junior Member
    from Penna.

Thanks for your feed back guys, I have not called around as of yet. Its snowing so i guess i cant wait till the weekend. I am only using the plow truck for personal use and park it out back. Its one of those out of site out of mind things.

thanks again
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

They sell a kit that has the screws and O-rings.Advance auto stores used to carry them. Very carefully look and see what type of screws are holding them on. My book said toque's and they were allen heads. With the dirt and rust it's hard to tell sometimes.