1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locking Gas Cap ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scottL, Aug 31, 2005.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

It hasn't happened yet. But, with my truck parked outside it's like a gas station for a smaller car.

Any one have any recommendations on a locking gas cap? ( 1997 K3500 5.7L )

Thanks!

-scott

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Smart idea! I have to check into one for myself. I imagine that any auto parts store should have them. On the new trucks it may even keep people from leaving them running and triggering a check engine light.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  3. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

fuel theft

I had my '04 2500HD drained several weeks ago. Parked in front of the barn under a security light. The thief was kind enough to stuff his/her Ho-HO wrapper in the stake hole. I hope they didn't leave me any surprises in the tank. The HO-HO 's must have been to get rid of the taste of the gas after starting the siphon.

Funny story:

I read about a guy found vomiting beside a motor home. When the police arrived they discovered he had been attempting to steal fuel but inadvertently stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank. You guessed it - the waste tank. The owner of the motor home didn't press charges. Said he had not had that good of a laugh in years.