1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

locking blade option

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Nailit1954, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

Would like to see boss v plows have locking blade option so it could be used like a straight blade.

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I'd like to see that also. After awhile you get used to it but it would be easier hitting a button and knowing its totally straight

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I think boss is the only one left that doesn't have a button for that lol

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

If you hold the 2 left buttons or 2 right at the same time it will act like a straight blade

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds so wrong......but I'm sure he's right.

6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Looking at the buttons it doesn't make sense but somehow that's how it works. At least on every boss V I've owned/used

7. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

locking blade

Been plowing with my boss 9.2 v since 97. Holding both buttons same time is how it's done.But it's not the same!

8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

“Since 97 “ well that puts it in perspective. It'll probably never change then.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

My guess its a Boss/DD thing..,..they like to sue each other over anything.

10. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

As described, holding both buttons on one side will give you the straight blade angle. If you look at your controller the buttons are designed so that it's easy to do. Once you realize it you will be amazed.

11. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

hold a straight blade controller and a vblade controller side by side and it makes complete sense I don't know why everyone thinks having one button for one little function is so great