1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locking a 22 Series

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Dumontra, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Dumontra

Dumontra Junior Member

I thought I would share how I did a lock set up on my 22 Series plow...

Drill a hole through the tongue and the cam level for the locking pin and buy a lock that will be long enough to fit through both.

This might discourage someone from stealing it, but on the other hand if they are determined to get it then they will grind off the locks… :nono:

But it at least gives me some feeling of security not making it easy for them to steal it… :gunsfiring:

It does not interfere with the plow being mounted to the vehicle…

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I'm assuming I'm missing something but if it doesnt interfere with the plow mounting to a truck, then what is the point of it? Again, I'm probably missing something or didnt catch something in the original post. Not to mention the fact that I'm not familiar with snow-way's at all.
  3. Dumontra

Dumontra Junior Member

So you can lock the pin in place, either on the vehicle or when it's just sitting there and your at work when someone comes by when your not there, and say's, "Wow, no one is around so I'm going to steal this plow!" It's just one this to not making it easer for someone to drive off with your plow... :D