1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

locked thread

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by elite1msmith, Jan 3, 2009.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

PLEASE note, i AM NOT trying to stir the pot, or bash a sponsor, or a person on this site at all in ANY WAY

but there was a good thread going regaurding a VERY important issue about the megga blades

alot of ppl spent alot of money on them, and they dotn seem to work in all cases? i could be wrong

im interested in what these things can do , to cut operational costs

Toby provided good information about servicing and warrenty issues, so im glade that we can at least see the thread for that reason

but if ppl are still having problems, or are trying to get a fix , then the thread should have been left open... i dont know if this was snow way asking for it to be closed, or if it was plowsites protection of them

but to whom ever made that decition, SHAME on you

If i screw up, im a big boy and ill admit it, and try to fixthe problem .... if snowway screwed up, im sure they will do the same... but keeping others in the dark doesnt help

we are all here to help each other and share information

id like to know how things are workign outfo you guys with these blades, and how the fix went

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think basically Snoway has posted all the information available at this time and all the thread was doing was beating that dead horse again. I'm sure the Mega owners will be posting up their findings soon enough.

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

lol, does plow site write u a check as well? im kidding....im sure they will

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I created the thread to discuss the issues and while I feel it should be left open, it should not be a bashing thread. Everyone also has to understand aswell that people paid money for a product they may rely on for their bread and butter, so people will get heated. Snoway has been good so far and has come out with several fixes which should help the issue, in my personal opinion is the issue solved? Not fully, ive had to modify my truck above stock to get it to work. I have friends with stock trucks and fully updated plows and they still have issues with the overheating. Now im sure snoway has not gone to bed on the issue so maybe if we keep it civil a thread can stay open. Afterall no pain no gain, and these plows are still superior to any other plow in snow moving ability, just not stacking.....yet :D

Cheers
    Jeff

5. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I also think that locking the thread is crap! I dropped over 6k on a blade and I am curious of what happen with other people's situation. I thought this was a place to network and solve problems, am I wrong? My blade still doesn't operate to what I feel is acceptable. JMO

6. gtaylor

gtaylor Junior Member

I think the problem with the plows have been well documented. What the big picture is everyone seems to want to see a quick fix and if it does not work then whom is going to get bashed then. Being a dealer I have not seen in a long tine 45 years in business another company like Sno-Way that is working on the problem and comeing up with fixes . Most other companies would post that they are not having problems leaving you in the dark until they internally find fixes. Sno-Way has come up with some great fixes, not all exactly what we may need but I have not seen anyone with any ideas on a possible solutions to the fix to help them. Explaining your problem is one thing but to bash without possible fix ideas is useless and closing that thread was good to allow for helping info not product and company bashing, because when all the fix's are in you have all bought a top of line plow that is going to out perform all others and you will be proud.

7. gtaylor

gtaylor Junior Member

Have you tried your dealer. Most dealers are aware of updates that have been issued. Most of the updates have make the unit quite usable. There are some situtation which there are still concerns but knowing Sno-Way they will narrow these down and will be offered to all plow users.

8. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I am dealing directly with Snoway as there is no dealer with in 100 miles of me but thanks. Why don't you drive on over and go push some of my snow with my blade for more than 5 hours and tell me how usable this blade is? Just out of curiosity are you a Snoway dealer or did you create a profile just to start crap? You have 6k of your own money invested?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

From the snoway website dealer listing:rolleyes:

Ontario, Burlington,
    Complete Rent-Alls
    gtaylor@completerent-alls.com
    3018 New St.

10. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Ok i agree also with not closing thread but it was getting heated. Now who are dealers here that know what the difference from the 28v and the megaV pumps, did they use the same one and modify it a little or what. I have not checked my uncles and mine side by side because I just thought of it crawling out of bed, but if they were the same maybe that is the problem. These blades are alot heavier and that pump was designed for a lighter plow am I right.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First; the consumer should not have to provide solutions to a manufacturers inadequates.

Second; if you read back though all the posts on the megas you will find Snoway's fix described by a forum member on 12/03/08.

You should do the research before commenting, it adds credibility:D

*http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=71281&page=11 post #54

12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

My experience with sno-way, running 2 plow rigs over the past 6 years has been excellent both from dealer and snoway international. Hang in there gentlemen, snoway will come through for you. It is a new model and there are always issues with new models, on the other hand it sounds like there could have been more extensive field testing? Snow is not a sideline for us, its part of our business, so i know how stressful it is when a plow fails!!

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Whats a lock thread? I want one!:p

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to to have a Snoway first Tim.:rolleyes: LOL Love the new avatar

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

RATTTTTTTTTTTTTS i dont meet the requirements! lol Yeah i think the avatar sums up are area for plowing!:p

You plow or salt at all this winter?

16. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Locking the thread was NOT cool. There are still plenty of people interested in the fixes and how the plows are working after they have been fixed. Some of use are thinking about future purchases and locking the thread solves nothing.

17. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

plow site unlock this thread !!!!

18. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I agree but things were getting out of hand against the sales team, they did not invent it they sell it. If someone is not happy then return it.
    As far as the fixes I don't think it worked because mine when COLD as in a couple of lifts and winged left and right a few times barely reaches the 3 second lift, it does it but I will test it when it gets hot. Am I getting a new pump like staed in the thread I do not know. I don't want the same pump I want one that works, maybe not one from the 28V, it needs a total new designed pump/motor.

19. elite1msmith

from chicago

ok so locked thread aside... with this new fix.... hows your plow running? better? worst...same

advantages? disadvantages? ...after the fix... and a few beers to mellow out, would you buy this product again , if it came fixed right now?

pics ? i really cant tell what you guys are talking about truely

20. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

**** i'd buy it the way it again its awesome but the hot fluid slows the thing down and I think they need to redesign the pump and fluid. It works when cold