1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locked our 1st big one today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Oct 20, 2005.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

My question is this.......This complex has 115 driveways and 1.5 mile of road. Do you think a Bobcat with a V-Plow or snowblower will be the best tool to clear all these drives? They are small double driveways.

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

a bobcat would work pretty good i would clear the main road with a truck though

3. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

If the drives are only short (how mayn car lengths?) I would use the blower.
    It would leave nice clean sides and you could clear close to the rear of the vehicles or garage. short drives are not fun with a plow.

4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

A Bobcat or a compact tractor. You can put both a blower and a plow on a tractor.pumpkin:

5. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

I think that a Tractor with a rear blade could be used to pull out the drives, then use a large truck or blower to clear the road

6. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

To clarify my point. You can mount a blower and blade simultaneously on a tractor. Blower up front and blade in back, or Blade up front w/ blower in back. Plus you can get a cab for a tractor, vinyl or otherwise. I havn't used a bobcat to move snow. I'm 6'5" and the last time I tried getting into one I couldn't fit.

7. exmarkdude

exmarkdude Junior Member

We have 5 complexes in similar size to that, we use three cab enclosed, heated skid steers and trucks to clear roads and snow throwers/shovels, and atv's to clear the walks.

8. MnM

MnM Senior Member

does your skid steers have a plow or blower.... I was going to use a v-plow

9. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

We used to do a complex the same. We had a crew outline the driveway and do walkways with a blower. Then a truck with a back blade to pull the rest of the drive way into the street. and and 2 trucks for clearing raod. started from the top of the hill and worked our way down. Worked grat.