1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lock system

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Nov 23, 2008.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

2. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

very awesome..... the local count in West Michigan for stolen plows that i have heard is in the 30's. need more of those!

3. payton

payton Senior Member

that would take bout 30 secs. to take off.. come on now..hell a chain and pad lock offer just as much protection

4. payton

payton Senior Member

rember a lock only keeps an honest theif honest. if they want it that lil lock isnt gonna hold anyone back. snap with the cutters and its ready to hook up in 30 seconds.

payton

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Saw them too Ryan...waste of money IMO.

Just place a regular padlock through one (or both) of the attaching pin holes. Accomplishes the same thing for $20..

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah I am not looking at buying one of these as I could make one. Also my plows are left inside during the off season, and when not in being used.

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty cool but If I ever get around to it, I have designed one. And other than using a skid to lift it into a truck, it wont go anywhere!

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I saw it too. I think more than anything else it's a visual deterrant... it would slow someone down for a min which would probably spook your average plow driver from attempting a steal--like you said keeping the honest people honest (other plow drivers hard up for money that just pick it up with their plow truck)--but a true thief will defeat anything if they want it bad enough. Wanna improve it, they could integrate a small self-contained alarm alarm into it. Which would be great until someone sets it off in your shop at 2am!!! :D

Wouldn't fit an RT2 like it says, either, I think he means SH2.