1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locations

Discussion in 'Click Plow' started by JamesMoorhead, Dec 14, 2011.

1. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Click Plow is currently offering snow plow service to residents of Grand Rapids Mi and surrounding areas, and Muskegon and surrounding areas, and still need plenty more personnel in these areas.

We are growing quickly, and want to offer this service nationwide. Be the first in your area to sign up and get all the jobs.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What's a Click Plow?

Edit: Never mind I see it now, you're trying to become a NSP

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey Camden,

Well everything we do is based around our drivers. We do want to offer our convenience to customers nationwide, but mostly on the drivers terms. We encourage our drivers to give us feedback on their experience, so we can better serve them, as well as keeping the customers happy. This is just a quick any easy way drivers can get jobs when they want.

4. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

We are happy to announce we are also opening up Holland to our customers. So if you are also in the Holland area, or any surrounding cities, sign up now to start getting jobs.

Thank you everybody for your support. We want to keep everybody busy this winter!!

5. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Due to popular demand, we are also opening up to Lansing MI. So anybody in that area, feel free to sign up, and let us find you the jobs. Happy Plowing!

6. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Just to add a note- if anybody that has a Fleet of trucks, or can service a particular area 24/7, let us know who you are, and what areas you can service. We are always looking to expand.

If you are the first person in your area to sign up, you will be first in line for the jobs. Sorry to those who have wanted to sign up in an area we don't service yet. We only open up an area when we have enough coverage. But please check back often as we are consistently adding new territory. Thanks again for everybody's support. Happy Plowing!

7. Whitey

Whitey Member

When I go to your site and enter a zip it says service not avaliable in your area. I used GR and Lansing zips.

8. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

congratulations on your sponsorship James

Your idea sounds similar to one that I am setting up in the Chicago area. Maybe we can learn from each other, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Like you I'm trying to focus on serving the contractors then the customers, I think that is key. PM me if you want to talk.

Plowsite is a great community isn't it!

Rick Vogeney

9. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hello Whitey,

Yes, the reason why is our website is still closed until the snow season starts. As soon as we start to get some snow that sticks, our website will be open.

But you can still sign up if you haven't already. Just go to www.clickplow.com/driver-sign-up

Happy Plowing!

10. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

So to let everybody know, we are currently going to be offering our services to Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Holland, and Lansing, as well as all areas in between and surrounding. So if you haven't already signed up yet, it only takes a second, and is FREE.

Now we just need the snow to arrive :p

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

11. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

To everybody who is not in our service area- we will be expanding to a lot more areas here very soon. So even if you are not in West Michigan, feel free to sign up anyways. Once your area is open, you will be the first to know, and first on the list.

Happy Plowing!

12. seen that you are now in holland area i had already signed up wondering how to add holland zip code to my coverage area

13. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Did you want to add Holland to your coverage area?

14. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

NSP, how to make money by plowing using a mouse, without the B S and T. Give me the personal service by a hardworking service provider working directly for the customer.

15. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey Jacobsmovingsnow,

I guess I'm having a hard time following. We are a service based company, and we do not make money by plowing, but the drivers do. We do want to make sure the customer is happy, as well as our drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Happy Plowing!

16. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Now Im having a hard time following, your providing a service but not making any money.{By Plowing} so your still in the game and making money somewhere, some how ,but not at the controls of a plow or the risk. sounds like electronic snow plowing and still having the CONTROL

17. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

this will get good

18. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

If i read it right they charge $25 for a small driveway and they pay out the service provider $15 for the work and they keep $10 to cover their costs and for profit. In my area if you are doing a drive for $15 a push that is low IMO. Every storm I get 20 to 30 calls from someone to come do there drive. I give them a price and they say they will call me back. 90% of the time they don't. Does it bother me NO, because I am not working for free which I see a lot of guys in my area who advertise low prices and think they are making money, But we all know they are just keeping busy IMO!

19. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

make money till something brakes 40 is as low as i go ..................................

20. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey guys,

We do appreciate your comments and concerns, and hopefully I can provide some insight as to how this works, and how it can still benefit the drivers.

Our goal is to provide the drivers with jobs that are close to them, while still giving them a commission close to what they normally charge. With our system, we can see the drivers that are currently working, and where their location is. So when we dispatch a job to a driver, it is based on where they are that moment. That way we can help keep the cost of drive time down, and so our drivers can do more jobs. So if they are finishing up with a client who is out of town, then if we get a job in that area, we can send it to him to see if he wants the job.

Around West Michigan, we found that most drivers charge around $20 for a plow job for a small driveway. (usually just a couple swipes) So we charge the driver $5 for the payment processing fees (since we take payment from customer) and a convenience fee so we can advertise to get more customers for the plow drivers. We also charge the customer $5 for site fees and maintenance. We make very little profit from these prices, but that is fine. We understand that connecting the drivers and customers is key, and the better we can be at that, the more jobs we get in the end.

Basically, each area will be priced different. We know that other areas, these prices will not work. But we encourage our drivers to let us know what the going rate is for their area so we can adjust the commissions. We also open up areas based on driver sign ups. So when we have sufficient coverage in an area, we open it up to customers. So everybody can still sign up if they want there area open, and let us know what your going rates are.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. Happy Plowing!