1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley hauler, Nov 10, 2004.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey everyone, I just picked up my whelen hide-a-ways and was wondering where everybody mounts the power supply? not sure where to put it. and thoughts or suggestion would be great :waving:
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

mines in my tool box.

I have my Whelen Power Supply in my GMC Top Kick behind my seat, the only problem is that you can hear it. Other than that it makes it easy to get to.
  4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

under the back seat in xtra cab.I ran the cables through a grommet that was already there.
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Have mine behind the seat of my 2001 3/4 HD pickup.Two power supply's and 8 heads. I posted pictures where to drill the holes in the headlight and taillight,brake light assy about two weeks ago. Do a search for strobe lights.

Regards Mike
  6. Silverhowie

Silverhowie Junior Member

I like the Hide-A-Way Strobes and want to put them on my truck, however I've only seen 1 other plow truck with them...are they legal in New York State if used in the front amber turn signal & back red tail light? Anyone use them in NY? I would hate to spend the money on the strobes, only to pay for ticket after ticket payup .
  7. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Mine are under the rear seat in a crew cab on the driver side. Their is a grommet you can use.
  8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I mounted mine on the passenger side behind the back seat on the floor. Like most everyone else I used a rubber grommet that was already there. If you have a crew cab or extended cab, you might need 2 of your cables to be 20' instead of 15' long. Good luck! :waving:
  9. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Thanks guys under the ext.cab seat she goes. Boast my whelen kit came w/ 2 15' cables and 2 25' cables but thanks for that heads up :drinkup:
  10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I got lucky, had some extra strobe wire around from an install on my brothers truck. Had to splice 1 of the headlight wires to make it about 2 feet longer. I hope the heat shrink connectors last through the elements! Good luck. :waving: