1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

location for vent valve solenoid 2010 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jakedaawg, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I am trying to find the location for the vapor can vent valve solenoid on my 2010 2500HD.

I cant get gas into the tank at any reasonable flow rate.

I pulled the codes, took them to parts store and they said this would be a good place to start.

2. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Well, I found it. It is located on the back of the fuel tank.

The design from GM is not so great. They have the breather box that opens to the air located on the top right side of the tranny. Might be great for some, but for a plow truck in N. Mi. not so great.

I left the vent can/solenoid valve where it was. I used 5/8 ID hose to re-route the breather to the engine compartment. GM's setup had a low spot in the vent line on top of the tank somewhere, completely inaccessible. This line had frozen water in it that prevented tank from venting during fueling. With the breather end now in the engine compartment water shouldn't be able to enter the line and freeze.