1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Locating Bulk Salt for GA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Rolann Smith, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Rolann Smith

Rolann Smith Junior Member

I'm with a local county Road Dept. in NE GA, White County. Having trouble finding bulk salt. Would prefer large one ton bags of rock salt as opposed to loose salt by the ton. We are building a salt storage shed but don't have it completed yet. I have ability to store 22 to 26 one ton bags of rock salt if I could just find someone to purchase from. Cargill says they're taking no new customers. I was recently set up with International Salt to buy under GDOT state contract but they were bought by Morton and a gentleman there is trying to help me but nothing solid there yet either. YES it does SNOW and ICE in GA! Can anyone help? Rolann Smith - 706-865-2510 - White County Road Dept.