1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Local Snow plow Guy, Killed !!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Last night, we had a local snow plow guy killed.

He was plowing a long driveway down the hill, when he slid on Ice that was under the snow, His truck slid sideways down the hill, and it dug in causing the the truck to flip and roll down the hill. Killing the guy

2. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Thats horrible! Everyone be safe!

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

yeah. i was wondering if that was going to happen to me the other day. but the truck stopped and i was able to back up out of it. Had my daughter with me and she was freakin out a little (she is only 7) no harm done though. Next time i wont get so far at a angle and in that position when i plow through there. thats what happens when you try to push back banking sideways on a hill. lol.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Yea, every one needs to be safe out there. Some drivways its better to say no

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that sounds like a real freak accident...sad story

6. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

seatbelts seatbelts seatbelts...

7. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

I run studded winterforce tires and it made my truck like a tank...like a tank I tell ya!! :salute:

Considering how cheap they are I am amazed. I stopped on a nasty grade while pushing in lo range and I started back up the hill pushing the same pile not even a slip! All that in my light little supercrew F150 with the curtis and some ballast!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  8. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Man, that's crazy! Hope we don't hear to many more stories like that this year.

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

In all seriousness though, that is truely terrible. I know it's a pita to wear a seatbelt while plowing, but I bet that this guy was not and it might have saved him. I always buckle up, I see all too often the results of not wearing one.

10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

WOW! thats horrible. Yeah, every one should wear a seat belt. Just look at pics of Smitty58's truck.