1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Local rules & regs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Nov 29, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I called the city hall here in Crystal Lake to ask them about pushing snow across the road... they said that's a BIG no-no. But, I can push it out into the street, and then push it back up onto the lawn of the person's property that I'm plowing. They said that's the one exception to having your plow on the street. Just thought I'd pass this along, since it came up in another thread.

-Tim[​IMG]

2. CCSwanson

CCSwanson Member

When I first started pushing I found out the hard way. The local poloice stopped and warned me I thought it was stupid then but now I guess I understand they want the truck in the middle of the road not the snow trailings

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I Maine, they don't care if you push accross. The only time they care is if you leave a mess in the road. Or the neighbor on the other side of the street gets mad, and most neighbors don't care. The ones that do, are marked on the list, we ask the neighbor what their feelings are on snow in their front yard, after we get the account.

Geoff

4. SlimJim Z71

I was told that if a neighbor called and complained, not only would I get a fine, but I would also have to come out and remove the snow from their property.

-Tim

5. SlimJim Z71

LOL... how would you tell which snow is yours??? lol...