1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Local Newpaper's Idea of Comedy

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dougman, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Dougman

Dougman Member
    from MA

My local (Eastern Taxachusetts) newspaper's idea of comedy... :mad:

Local_papers_idea_of_comedy.jpg

Local_papers_idea_of_comedy.jpg

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Truth hurts eh?

I dunno, cracks me up.xysport

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

dirty sob's.:angry: Making light of our situation. Anything for a rating. Kind of humorous:cry:

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

hell they probably got the idea from here:rolleyes: I think its funny.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

It really pi$$#s me off how people are actually happy that we haven't had any snow this winter...NOT very funny (for us anyway)!:realmad: :cry:

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I agree! NOT VERY FUNNY AT ALL! I see this along the same lines of making fun of factory workers being laid off....yeah not too funny then is it! I think who ever has that news paper's account charge them some outragous price and on the invoice put in quotes..."now this is funny"

7. ECS

ECS Senior Member

If you want to get back at them and see how funny they think it is, when you do get snow, plow them in.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I always thought that they were kinda funny, but, when i read that ^^^, B.Y. makes total sense! That's not right they do that.

9. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

What paper was it in?

10. Rickco

Rickco Member

I think it's a funny pic.(and true) Yes snow removal is a big part of our winter income. Anyone who counts on mother nature !00% is in big trouble.

11. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I don’t think it is funny. I think it IS the same thing as a factory closing.

What if it said on the door:
    “Snowmobile Salesman Support Group”
    “Ski Resort Owner’s Support Group”
    “Mom and Pop Store Owner’s who sell gas, beer and snacks to tourist coming to see the snow Support Group”

I’m more upset that they drew us all over weight, older, and hugging each other.

Maybe it will make the readers think that people (us) are being hurt because of the lack of snow and not just that they are saving on their snow plowing bill.

Was there a caption below or an article about how the lack of snow has effected people that depend on it for income?

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I would have to say that is part of the reason that SIMA started, to provide a more professional image to plow operators. Hell that picture used to be the case, I'm surprised the artist didn't have them putting back some PBR's

13. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Do you think they have one printed up ready to go for when it does snow?

It will have all of us sitting around counting our money with gold chains on. Lighting our cigars with $100 bills. Laughing and poking fun at the customer when they have to pay.

14. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I think its kind of funny. Mello out people its a joke!