1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Local LAWN Enforcement -snow division-

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lawn Enforcer, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Hey everyone, I posted these pics on lawnsite, but I thought you guys over here would like to see 'em. I wasn't planning on doing any snow removal this winter until last week. A local LCO in my town who did lots of snow removal died suddenly of a heart attack, then the phone calls started rolling in. I didn't have a lot of money to invest in a plow, tractor, or skid steer, but my Grandpa Bob hooked me up with some tough-nut blowers wesport. The 2 on the right I bought from him for $150, and the blower on the right I've owned for years. This isn't the quickest or best way to do my driveways, but I'll have to make due with what I have.

SNOW MONSTERS! 001.jpg

2. Lawn Enforcer

Another shot for y'all-----------------------------

I'm having a tough time with some of the old folks around here. One old lady complained to me about having to pay $25 to have her driveway cleared. She wanted to pay $10!:help: I told her I am not doing this for fun, but for a living. I have expenses like equipment, gas, insurance, taxes, payroll, etc. and she finally agreed to the price, but she was pissed about it. I'm not going to drag my butt out of bed at 4 am, go out in the freezing cold and use a walk-behind blower on her driveway for $10.

SNOW MONSTERS! 002.jpg

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

hell no stick to your guns (LOL) this is a not for sh&* and giggles It cost money to run this stuff Did you tell here this was not the 70' and your not a 12 year old looking for money to take care of his acme

I had a client do the same this year I told fine because I was not sure yet of the work I would get line up , I told him nest year I have to raise my price by five at least !!!

4. Lawn Enforcer

I know, I told her that it costs money to run a business and that this is for a living. Some people just don't get it. Oh, I forgot to mention, she drives a 2004ish Caddy

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I've raised my prices this year as well. My equipment is getting old, Even though gas is going down. I still have bills to pay, some people don't understand that.

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Damn, you would make more money selling them to the Smithsonian then actually using them!

Just kidding... ;-)

7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

the carbs on blowers like that like to get pretty nesty over the summer. if they start acting up clean them or rebuild them. other then that nice old blowers there

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

They might be older but as long as they get the job done! Good luck this winter!

9. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Lawn where you at in MN?

10. Lawn Enforcer

Arlington, about 35 miles SW of Shakopee

Thanks for the compliments guys-I just did a little bit of maintenance on them today and the only thing is I had to adjust the drive system on the big one, other than that, just changed the oil and they are ready to go!

I ran into the same lady again today and she wanted to argue about prices, so to sum up what I told her, "I've got bills to pay, deal with it"

11. Lawn Enforcer

That's what I said when I picked 'em up!:D

12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey, two or three years from now you might be picking up a new plow truck with the money you made with those blowers...GOOD LUCK with them! payup

13. Lawn Enforcer

Thanks man, I hope I can make enough this year with the snow, lawn care, and landscaping to pick up a Kubota compact tractor with a loader for next year.

14. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Do you know how much those cost? 12G's

15. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

GREAT way to get into the snow business with low overhead!! You will have a great profit margin this winterpayup good luck this winter!!

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I just sold in august my kubota b6000 with a post hole dogger, and backblade for $4000. if you can find a b7100 even tho it is older they do circles around the new ones. and there good for around your house. I am going to raise my drives $5 more and if they don't like it o well. we all have bills.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Lawn Enforcer

Thanks man- I just hope we get some snow!

Wizz- I know how much they cost, if I can get my truck paid off next year I can definietely get something like a Kubota tractor

Tailpipes- How did you like using your tractor for driveways?

18. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Where's that lady complainer? I'll do her property for $24 to make her happy!

I bet those machines are heavy, back in the day when equipment was built right.

And where's the love of just doing something nice for someone else?!? Ok, I can't keep a straight face on that one either -- If I happen to help someone in my travels, great. 4am, I'd better be making some good payup to be out of bed!

19. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

it is easier then walking behind a snowblower for a day lol. the loader had float that it locked in so it made it easy to use for plowing. and was great for sidewalks because the bucket was ft wide and that is what most sidewalks are. I mainly used it for at my camp and at my house to remove the snow banks and do my sidewalk. bu I plow with my truck and my atv. this is what I sold my kubota for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Lawn Enforcer

Lol, you wouldn't want her as a customer, I guarantee it. The blowers are built very well, and should last for quite a long time.

Tailpipes- thanks for the info!