1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

local dealers

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dmc337, Jan 9, 2007.

1. dmc337

dmc337 Junior Member

I bought a 7 1/2 Sno-Pro 3000 used to go on my '06 F250...plow came off of a '04 F350. Couldn't beat the price so I bought it with the intentions of purchasing the proper mounting hardware and headlight adapters. After calling Curtis tech support myself to get the proper part numbers that I would need...I called my 2 closest dealers. The first one told me that I couldn't buy the individual parts and I had to buy the ENTIRE frame box!. Screw that...would've almost doubled the price I paid. Next dealer told me that I had no idea what I was talking about...and those part numbers did not exist. This phone call ended with me almost driving down to this dealer to beat some ass. One more call to Curtis got me everything I needed after describing my experiences with these 2 POS dealers. The one phone rep I dealt with put me in contact with one of the dealers up in MA (I'm in PA), who had absolutely no problem shipping me the parts I needed, and throwing in the proper headlight adapters since I forgot to actually 'order' them...Just wish there was some white stuff to push now...however I could backblade my gravel driveway to do someting.
  2. syberdogpa

syberdogpa Junior Member

Curtis Dealer

One in bethlehem should have helped you out alot -- mark and his crew are good at getting wat you need
  3. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Hey Dan I'm glad you got your dilemma resolved. I live 20 min south of Worcester Mass. where the factory and the factory outlet are located. Being so close is the main reason I purchased a Curtis plow, was for the service. They also sell a great plow. Last winter I put mine to the test plowing the city streets where I live and I will tell you I hit some manhole covers and curbs sticking out that I thought the plow would be demolished but it did't bend a thing. a few times the plow flew up when i hit the manhole covers I wondered how the plow was still on the truck.

Any way Joe over too the factory outlet store on Ballard Street is a great guy and goes out of his way to help his customers. Good luck this winter.

4. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much consistency from dealer to dealer. And the answers from Curtis tech support vary depending on who I talk to. Sure hope they get their stuff together. Nice plow, but frustrating folks.
  5. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

I get the same thing.
  6. dbreault

dbreault Member

We do our best to train/assist our dealers with any problems but technical knowledge at any type of dealer may vary.

For instance if you need to have something trouble-shooted on your new pickup you might find one new-car dealer that would rather start installing new parts to fix the problem and you might find another that would like to know exactly what the problem is and what is causing it.

They are both good dealers.

Anyways it's Friday! :drinkup: