1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Local Company paying $50/hr for atvs

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by velocicaur, Oct 16, 2013.

1. velocicaur

velocicaur Junior Member

4-5 hour route. Have to be able to move atv, so a truck or some sort of trailer is required. Figure 80-100 hours, give or take on how the winter goes. So we're looking at 4-5000 dollars a year on average for a solid winter.

I was thinking about subcontracting my atv out, and take about half of that amount. However, maybe I'll do it myself the first year just to see how it works.

Never plowed with an atv before, been riding sport atvs for the last 15-20 years.

Thoughts?

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

$50 an hour for an ATV seems like a really good rate. If it was me I would buy a decent sized ATV put nice plow with electric angle and lift.

3. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

That's a great rate.. We don't pay anywhere near that for an ATV

4. rtreads

rtreads Junior Member
    from Denver

Here in Denver, $50 is a great rate for a sub

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

A friend told me AFTER I sold my Grizzly that a guy was paying $50hr to do walks. I thought about it for a minute and then said, I'm making $200hr with a truck, I'm sure as heii not going to drive 30 miles with a trailer on the back of the truck to push snow for $50hr in the cold on a atv.

6. Kris1646

Kris1646 Junior Member

$50 won't get me out of bed. $65 for me when i started. Now everything is per push and salt.