1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Local company made the news with Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by grandview, Jan 26, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I liked how the reporter ate some on the news.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That will boost awareness which will in turn make clients want it for their property. Wish my local news would do something like that, only 1 company up here uses it and that is because they are the dealer.
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I wish I could get it.... they're not even within 500 mile round trip of my place.....
  5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Next year if I can get enough people to pitch in, I want to have a stock pile at my yard. Hopefully then we can get some of the spray to put on it.

Does anyone know how much more per ton or yard it costs, and do you charge double or tripple to your clients for it?
  6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Good article, but I have to laugh at the "investigation" of the reporters.

They state at the end it is economical as you use half as much, then mention that a 25lb bag costs $11. I guess none of the reporters went down to Home Depot and saw 50lb bags of salt for $3.99.

Not bashing the product at all. Just one more reason never to believe anything on the news without checking it yourself.

7. Premier, Liquid Magic is applied at 8 gallons per ton. Liquid will cost you in the $2.50 a gallon range depending on dealer and amounts purchased. If you have a hydroseeder you can buy the liquid and spray your own salt. Other wise a dealer can come spray your salt or you can purchase a yard or two from most dealers. You could charge more by upselling Magic but most charge the same because you reduce your rate 35-50% which makes it equal or cheaper than white salt. I think there is a deal in Detroit area but that could be a big area.Magic is looking for more dealers out west. Hope this helps