1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lobo V PLOW

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Feb 11, 2008.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Found a local Snoway V blade for sale. It seems like a good buy but....:confused: Are these blades any good?? Not sure they have any major issues. Did a search with no results. Has any one heard good or bad things about these blades. Thanks for your help :help:

2. onyx

onyx Junior Member
    from Canada

If the price is right don't let it go.... I've had GOOD results with my Snoway plows
  3. ECS

ECS Senior Member

There have been a couple around here and seem to have lasted quite well, and we do get a good amount of snow here. I have never used one myself though.
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

how old is it? see it run before you buy it! Look at every square inch of it. I bought a year old 28V plow this year, I figured it was only a year old, should be good to go.... it had a blown cylinder seal, 2 of the hoses needed to be replaced and the frame was cracked! Of course the frame crack was hidden from view cause the guy I got it from had it in the folded back position. I'm in over a grand for repairs and its never plowed a flake of snow. Beware Snoway's 5yr warranty is NOT transferable.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've read they don't windrow snow very well due to the middle tower being permanently fixed, but other than that I would think it is a nice plow.

The guy wants 1800.00 for it. Although I will have to find a undercarrage for it to fit my truck. It is one of those thave to see it in person. Where are the frames known to crack on these blades. Can they be welded on the spot or do you have to dissasemble the blade to get access.

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

The frame for the truck and harnes is like another $1500 in Canada from a dealer. Not cheap!
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

my frame was cracked right up in the front by the blade center on the passenger side. I don't have any pictures of it at the moment, but I'll probably be mounting it up in a couple hours if the weather pattern still holds. I'll take some pics with my cell phone and post them. I don't believe they took anything apart to fix it. I had the dealer repair it while it was in for the cylinder work. I should just done it myself cause the dealer did a CRAP job on it. He didn't bend it back into shape, he just filled the 1/3" gap with welds and put some black spray paint on it. :angry:

What kind of truck is it going on? You might be able to find a mount used on here or on ebay. I have a mount for a '05 generation Dodge 2500/3500 and I also have a set of just the headlight pig-tails for the same truck.
  9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

what kind of shape is it in does it run have you seen it work?? alot of the older lobo v plows could have some wear and tear but so will every older plow it might have a fenner pump and the mounting and wire kit might be hard to find i believe the wire kit uses 2 of the big 9 way plugs but it will be a great plow if it is in half way decent shape

Got my eye on a 98.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 auto Cummins. It has high KMS (400) but has lots of goodies that go with it. All the important stuff has been replaced with GOOD parts which remidy the weak links in these trucks. Its a barting game now in the way of price, the owner started at 13K got him down to 10 now trying to see how much lower he will go. I'm in no hurry for the truck and if someone scoops it from under my feet there are many more out there.

Ya I know the mounting kits are a little pricey, with that in mind I might spend the warm summer months custom building a mounting kit. Have done many in the past at this time I have a 02 1500 GMC artic frame on a W350 Dodge.

Thanks for all your help everyone. Hey that reminds me do the v blades have DP??

11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yes they do!
  12. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I love mine, I have the 9ft 1in'er ... but I must say, the snow does not roll down them as well, due to the middle tower. Also thecuttingedge onthemiddle bit can leave a scrape in dirt drives. Lastly the hydraulics are slow compared to new plows. But its tough, and I really like it.