1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lobo V in Vermont

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Jun 30, 2003.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

2. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Who makes a LOBO ??? I've never seen or heard of one of those. Are they any good?

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

SnoWay makes those Lobo V plows. So far as I have heard, they are good plows.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Alan has a couple of them, and has no major complaints. Oh, he's in Vermont too ;)

~Chuck

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Very nice looking plow. Don't see too many of those plows here in CT just a few of the lighter duty straight blades on smaller pickups. Looks to be a well built durable Vee plow setup. Gotta love the downpressure system too :)

Jay

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

The Lobo is a decent plow. They have a somewhat archaic control system, independant control of each wing, I'd like something like Fisher and/or Western has where the wings can be programmed to move together on one button. Like Chuck said, we've got two of them and nothing major has gone wrong. I think I'll keep an eye on that one and see what it goes for. If I could buy it right it might be worth picking up a truck to put behind it. The guy claims he had it on a 1500 and it didn't squat, somehow I doubt that, ours ride on 8600 lb GVW rigs and they both bow pretty good under the weight.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

It dont look like a bad plow. I have seen the lobo before and it looked like it plows just as good as any other plow. My friend has a snoway snowplow for his dodge and he likes it.:)

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Alan - I was just wondering if you've seen any of the structural or weld quality problems on the Snoway Lobo's.I know the straight blades were terrible (all our's were,but have been beefed up).