1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brad3403, May 12, 2014.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Any Canadian company's on this site do snow removal for Loblaw's???
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They're still around ? Haven't seen one in almost 40 yrs.
  3. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

We do some Loblaw's stores - but not for corporate. They are leased locations, property owned by a Retail Real Estate Holding Co.

Are there corporate owned properties?
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

5. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Done two on separate occasions. One was hell the other awesome lol.
  6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

That's pretty funny Mr. Markus. Thumbs Up

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I plow a Valu-mart , all the trucks bringing in food have Loblaws on the door. Building is privately owned and leased , I deal with a property management company. You have concerns with Loblaws ? :confused:
  8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I believe Loblaws head office deals with all their cold storage companies site care. A company based in KW does all of Canada from what I have heard.

Individual stores do what they want though.
  9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I do a Valumart, it was originally corporate but then franchised out. Their property management really dropped the ball this year for me and I had to fight to get paid, they still owe for March... may have to go back to the francisee again...
  10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey Derek send me a pm with the address and I will check the Master List of all LobLaws properties. Its 72 pages long, with 1136 sites across Canada. I dont feel right posting the list on an open forum.
  11. derekbroerse

My final payment ($9k) from them arrived yesterday, finally... I have had them for the past 8 years and never ever had a problem, this year was annoying but they did pay...

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Can you tell us the name of the property management company ? :nod:
  13. derekbroerse

I don't see why not, all has been settled as promised, albeit really late all season... they are blaming it on the mergers, everything has to be approved by 3457436251 people before a check can be printed etc.

Originally they were known as O&Y Enterprises, eventually became Arcturus... most recently they merged with SNC LAVALIN.

For the record they were always excellent customers, never any problems until this year. This year, everything was months and months behind and the ball only seemed to get rolling when the franchisee got personally involved and threatened to pay me directly and take the money out of the checks he sends them, which they didn't seem to like much. I was glad he was willing to assist... I will try them again next year and hope they get their acts together once again.

Otherwise, all has been good!
  14. derekbroerse

What happened to the OP, Brad3403? Asks the question, then wanders away....?
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Derek, I'm not sure about your area but around here everything seems to be going for nothing. I know waiting for money can be difficult but as long as I knew I was going to get paid inside 60 days I could live with that.

Glad to hear you finally got paid.
  16. derekbroerse

I think I get paid pretty fairly for the job, I don't take on work where I feel ripped off. My invoices are NET 30, I don't get upset if they are 45 or even 60, but when we start getting over that I get irritated, especially when I have made special contact with them explaining that due to the busy season I am running out of capital to purchase necessary supplies for their job, and that they agreed to net 30 terms, then keep getting told its approved and sent out... :/
  17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

More then 60 days is frustrating. You work for 1 month before you even invoice so you are spending money for 60 days before you see any money even if they pay net 30. I have contracts with $10,000 bid deposits. I thought that would help keep pricing where it needed to be but that seems to make no difference either.
  18. NormKBS

NormKBS Junior Member
    from PA

Looking at some Loblaw owned sites in Calgary, any idea on who managed that area last year? What is the going rate for salt in Calgary, I know last winter was tough and salt was in short supply, any idea on supplies for the upcoming season?