1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loading the Salter??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Remstar, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Remstar

Remstar Member

Hey guys, Was planning on buying a tornado for my truck, But I do not have a second skid or loader. Do I just buy sand from the local yard during buisness hrs? Is there another economical way I can go about loading this thing without having to purchase another loader, So that I can operate through the night?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you spreading straight sand? If you load early I pretty sure it will be frozen before you use it. Also if that is a plow/sand truck you are using it will pack like crazy and you might not be able to spread it.

3. Remstar

Remstar Member

I was planning on spreading pickled sand, or salt but I haven't found a local source that just stocks it and sells it. I have found pickled sand at $60 a cubic yard.

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

5 gal buckets full of sand and a high school kid

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Shovel + belt%20conveyor.jpg

belt%20conveyor.jpg