1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loading Sanders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sgoalie23, Dec 18, 2005.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

How do guys put the sanders in the trucks without the use of a skid steer or something of that nature? Also after it is installed in the truck how do you load it without a skid steer? The reason I'm asking is because our small company is thinking of purchasing a salter/sander for the F-350. We have two trucks and two plows, and recently we have been asked to do three strip malls. We don't have any equipment that can lift it in to the trucks or load it.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Tailgate spreader and bags. Pro Flo2 for sand/salt mix.
  3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

My cousin bought a 65 foot crane at an auction sale for a G. Works perfect for this. There was a similar thread started on this subject. Might wanna search for it.
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

You could build a hanger for one or two. I dont know but our State DOTs have them for their large salters. They hang them by chains so they can back in and they slide into the dump beds. hat is the only idea I can think of this situation. The company I used to work with used a backhoe to load them in.
  5. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

If you have steel beans in your garage hook a chain block o it the you can hoist whatever you want in there
  7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I built this.....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  8. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

You could rent a tractor to put it in or build a little hut type of building and use some chains and a ratchet. That is how the DOT does it around here. I plan on building on for myself.

Advice don't load a big spreader with 5 gallon buckets. You won't feel your back after half of it. it is worth it to find someone who stockpiles it and have them load you up. It is worth the money for the amount of time.