1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loading salt with excavator

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sven1277, Jan 25, 2016.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Just wondering who else uses one to load their salt. We use a Tackeuchi tb135 to load at the shop. My skid and tractor are on job sites plowing. I'm finally buying a 36" smooth lip bucket for it so it will at least twice as fast as the 18" on it now.

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures please....

3. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I did that for two years also. I just put two big bin block right in front of the excavator to block the salt from coming underneath the undercarriage, that way you can crowd the salt in and get a full bucket. Best advice I can give you is to take a piece of plastic sheeting and cover the floor and up the side of the can and tape it in. That way your boots don't track salt into the cab. In the spring you pull that plastic out and all the salt goes with it.