1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loading Salt With A JD CT322

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Loading in about 200 ton with my CT322 that has a brand new motor in it!

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Well now that you started, why a new motor?
  3. Mike S

Long story short, my dealer JD Equipment put new gaskets ans seals on the motor for me due to some leaks. When they put the head back on they used the old bolts! So since the head was not seated properly the head gasket ended up going out. This is the best part my dealer did not step up to the plate so I ended up taking my machine to another dealer, 100 miles away and they did what they could and got John Deere to cover 80% of the cost but that doesnt even cover the cost of having my machine down for 2 months. Oh ya I also had the cab installed while it was in. Any way its all good now and i am happy for now.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice work. did it get all delivered the same day?
  5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice job Mike. :D
  6. Mike S

Thanks guys, no it came in spread out over several weeks.
  7. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

how much did the carpot cost? i am looking to build a bin to hold 50-75 ton looking at dif options
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Forget the car port, forget the JD and the new motor

Look at all that salt

Must have cost you a arm and a leg and your first born
  9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

What did you pay per ton for all that? Thats a lot of salt. How do you like the CT? Despite the engine problems.
  10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

sweet pic Mike
  11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, you better hide that "gold" stuff! lol
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, those are pretty strong sides on that building.. What kind is it?
  13. Mike S

My buddy and I are going to be really broke after all of this!

The car port was over $2000 dollars, he bought it so I dont know the exact amount. It is 41x18 and it is 14 high. It is very strong but there is concrete blocks in the back and down the sides to help from blowing out. We where going to put the car port on blocks but we ran out of time and had to take the salt right then so we made do with what we had. The salt was $70.31 a ton delivered.

I dont know what brand the car port is but it was bought out of Muncie Indiana. They had a add in the Car and Rv trader. He bought the car port I bought the blocks.
  14. Mike S

If any one does buy a car port make sure when it is installed that they put the metal for the sides on the inside! We over looked that.
  15. Mike S

I love how the CT opperates! Ive gone through two final drives, a motor, and many other problems. I have taken home bobcats, cats, and case machines all through this and I still like how my machine feels and runs. Alomst bought a T180 but I am glad I didnt. This is all my personal prefference though. Most of my problems where because of my dealer and mechanics that where not properly trained.
  16. Mike S

One more pic I forgot.

17. jasonosu

jasonosu Junior Member
    from ohio

where did you get your salt from?
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is that 200 ton in those pics?
  19. Mike S

It is very close to 200 ton we did not get weight slips on the last three loads so it could be about 190.
  20. beano

beano Member

Who is your dealer, do you go to JD Equipment out in London? Where are most of your accounts and do you mow also. Just saw you were in columbus also.