1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loading material for vp8000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GreenKingL&L, Nov 25, 2007.

1. GreenKingL&L

GreenKingL&L Member

I have been using tg spreaders for the last five years, and always use bagged salt. I have just finished installing my new (to me) snowex vp8000, and am wondering what is the most efficient way to load, and what is best to load in it. I sold my new holland last summer, so I have no loader to load bulk salt/sand, don't cherish the idea of shoveling 1+ yards per shot, and not sure about bagged. What would you guys recommend? I would sure like to use a salt/sand thats what i have been getting lots of requests for.

2. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Is there a bulk supplier thats open during storms? It costs more obviously but would be much cheaper than bags or trying to mix your own sand salt mix.

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

If you are shoveling, or loading bagged salt, then it defeats the purpose of even having a spreader like a Snow-Ex. By the time you have to store it, and then do all the shoveling, your margin is gone. Find a nearby supplier, and pull up to the bay so he can load you. The bigest hassle for you should be going into the warm building to pay or sign for it.