1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loading docks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ajslands, Dec 3, 2009.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

yes i have a few commercial lots that have loading docks, and was wodering what the best way to clear out the docks were, iam affraid to get in there and end up getting stuck backdragging, and not being able to push myself out with my plow... Any suggestions?

2. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i back drag mine out, but take it out in sections, i dont go all the way in and try to drag everything in one or two shots, i take 15-25 feet at a time, depending on the incline

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If you only have 2 wheel drive might want to pre treat the docks also, otherwise if you have 4wd unless you try you reallty shouldnt get stuck

4. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Flat ones no problem pull in back out. Inclines I agree with redman. After your do it a few times you will know what your truck can handle

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

i have an f-250 4x4 6.0 turbo diesel with a salter and salt in back. and iam 7600 lbs dry and a bout 9500 with all my stuff on my truck

6. redman6565

oh hell, you have plenty of power and weight...if there is a significant incline nose in half way, pull out and then nose back in and finish, you'll be fine

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Experience of trying it different ways will be a plus

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

That and when you go in, start backing up then drop the blade so you have a bit of momentum. vs stopping, dropping the blade and then trying to pull back. you wont want to slid a bit and get crooked inbetwen 2 trrailers... thats not fun trying to wiggle

or get and ebling like i did :drinkup:

9. redman6565

you like those?

10. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I like it, havent used it yet mind you but it will save me having to take a skid to this specific location.