1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SNOMACHINE, Dec 18, 2009.

1. SNOMACHINE

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

Gonna purchase another loader. Bought my first two Deere's in a package deal. And both have been dependable with seems to be plenty of power. But i'm not just gonna buy a Deere, would like to shop around a bit. Have run Cats before but there a little pricey! Any input or experiences with other models?

2. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

our kawasaki and dresser are workhorses but parts for the kawasaki can be a pain cause there isn't a local warehouse, everything has to be shipped in

3. redman6565

the newer case's are nice too...our older 621 is a little light, struggles with a 16 foot pusher but as far as repairs, quality, i like the case series they put out

4. coonpuss

coonpuss Junior Member

doesnt hurt to get out and try a shovel evry now and then either brandon lol just kiddn have a good year

5. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I've got 3 Case 621's and love them all. They keep pushing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

All of ours have 14's and they push with no problem.

7. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

In my experience in the last 2 years pricing Cat to John Deere I only found there to be about a 1% difference in price. I prefer CAT to John Deere but as you can see I do have a couple deeres in the yard.

8. redman6565

thats what we use. seems like the extra two feet and all of a sudden it becomes too much weight

9. redman6565

hows USM trating you at the wal mart so far?

10. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Great, all this chat on the forums made us worry, but half of these people probably have never dropped a blade for them... Just as good as the rest of the accounts wesport

11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Thats good to herexysport

12. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

My 521D Case Works great.. No complaints yet and it's price is just right.

13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That is what I have been trying to say along.

I think a lot of these guys are just repeating crap they heard on here.

14. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

VERY good :D

Red, you hand spread the sidewalks @ the plaza next to Wal-Mart? Saw someone out of the truck about 2-3 weeks ago, looked to be spreading with a walk behind.

15. redman6565

ya we have hand carts on all of our salt trucks to spread calcium mix on the walk ways

16. redman6565

i'm glad to hear its all working out for you though...i wanted that lot bad, needed to keep everything i have out there fully busy but it is what it is. :drinkup:

17. SNOMACHINE

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

Thanks to all for the info. See how the shopping goes next week!

18. redman6565

nows the time to buy

19. digit

digit Member

I have two kawasaki 80 z and run 20' pushers really like them they are heavier then some kinds always start real good. Two years ago I rented a 950 cat and did not push near as good not sure if that is a fair comparison but I believe it is close to the same size.

20. redman6565

we love our 90z...i dont think there is anything that this machine cant push. i just hate the parts availiblity