1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cutntrim, Jun 15, 2000.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

We're looking at trying to go after some large lots this winter and to do so we'll need a front end loader or a loader/backhoe. For those of you familiar with using them for snow, what different suppliers could we try if we want to rent/lease one for the winter? Equipment rental companies? Construction companies? It may be different price-wise up here but what would renting a loader for say December 1st-March 31st cost? $1,000/month? $2,000? I have no idea? Any info/experience would be appreciated. <p>Even when the rain has us a full day behind on our lawns we're still thinking snow!<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Well, it depends how big your lots are, if you're going to have a snow pusher or blade on it, and your budget. I know united rentals has very nice john deere loaders and backhoes. They've taken over a lot of smaller rental stores around here. Any equipment at those stores that is older than 3 years gets replaced.&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.unitedrentals.com&quot;&gt;United rentals&lt;/a&gt; also offers specials on winter rentals i think. Also check with contractors that might not use their loaders in the winter to see if you can get a good deal on one for rent. Equipment stores also rent out equipment. Nations rent is another large rental store.<p><br>Bryan<p>----------<br><br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The best way to deal with this is to sub out to a const. co. They will charge between 75-100 per hr, but you dont carry the cost of the machine, and dont need an operator.<br>Buy a protech box blade and they will do a ton work in no time.<br>If you need to rent, go to a local equipment dealer. They will be happy to rent you a unit,and usually you will get a better rate since they will sit on the eqipment during the winter. Make sure they will give you a minimum amout of hours per month,and if you have per push accounts, get a fixed monthly amount to cover your costs.<br>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: plowking35

4. firedog

firedog Member
    from midwest

Also check Hertz they rent loaders, trucks ans bobcats. The price depends on size of loader. I know guys that pay 3000-5000 a month for a loader, and last year they only plowed 2 times thank god for salt! I agree with Dino if your starting off try to sub it out so there are not additional cost to you if it don't snow. Around Chicago guys are geting $80 and up depending on size and year. Another option is a skidsteer. They are cheaper and if you get a big one they work very well. You could even take the chance to wait till it snow then go rent one for the day or so for 100-400. It's better than $1000 + a month, but on the down side they may not be there if you need them. Also ( I'm almost done) you have to reserve them early in the year( sept. at the lasted) to even get one for the winter. Expesely around my area.<p>----------<br>Rob S.<br>