1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by lazysnowman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. lazysnowman

lazysnowman Junior Member

hey guys new to this site and interested in getting a loader any idea's?

2. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Volvo L-70, my favorite =D

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

It would be helpful if you explained your operation to answer that question.I'm a Deere man,so theres the 444 ,544 ,and 644 for starters. Basically,1,2, and 3 yd rigs respectively.

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

My 544J has a 3yd bucket and weighs about the same as a 930G. When I bought it I was shopping for a 3 yard loader. I hope I didn't buy a 2 yard loader.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm old school.I haven't been on a J or anything close late,late model in a while,but like I said in the other post,traditionally a 1 yd. machine was the 444,2 yd. was the 544, and the 3 yd. the 644.I'm talking now the standard digging bucket,NOT a light materials bucket.I'm sure Deere has increased power and weights on each newer version,but I can't imagine a standard 3 yd. digging bucket on any 544.Deere usually has a stamped placard on the corner of the back of the bucket.What yardage does it say?

6. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

It's a 3 yard bucket (even the label on the bucket says so) and it has no problem filling it. It is not a light materials bucket either. It's been a good machine so far. I find that it's much harder to grade than the Cats that I am used to. I think it is because of the way the bucket bottom is designed. It's the first Deere that I have owned.

7. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Most of the 444's I have seen are 2.5cy my 310se has a 1.5cy