1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loaders with plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by slauncha413, Jan 29, 2007.

1. slauncha413

slauncha413 Junior Member
    from USA

Seems to me we have had threads about every thing with plows cept for the big loaders, back hoes, and any other cool pieces of machinery with plows on them, how bout em?

2. ajech

ajech Member

Great idea for a thread. Nothing against pickups and plows but it is nice to see some of the other equipment out there. Here is my Bobcat S300 w/8ft. snow pusher after an 8" snowfall. The third picture is of me driving and my 2 year old daughter riding along. She loves to ride along and push snow, but she always falls asleep after 5 minutes. Sure makes it hard to drive and hold here head up at the same time.

skid loader smaller.JPG

skid loader smaller2.JPG

skid loader smaller3.JPG

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Something we worked up last year. Custom made front and rear plows & mounts. 3 days after we finished we got hit with the blizzard last Feb.

Rear.jpg

Rear3.jpg

DeerePlow.jpg

4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Heres some of a tool cat with a snow wolf and broom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  5. ajech

ajech Member

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Will post some loader picks tomorrow

7. sam c

sam c Member

Austin Western Grader

My 1946 Austin Western 4 wheel drive 4 wheel steer.

46 Austin Western LDPW.jpg

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Here is one...

Believe it or not it ISNT mine.lol Kind of cool just the same..

RR Snowplow.jpg

9. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

not mine but it was in a local parking lot i stopped at for lunch....

psu 1-27 006.jpg

10. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

how did the 8ft protech do on the s300 with that snowfall????????? do u find it loosing traction alot or is it a great time saver?? i have an s300 with the blizzard 8'10 but im wonderin if the protech is a better bet.

11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

you guys think that case can handle that pusher?lol I think he would be safe to step up a few feet, dont ya think? Unless the picture is deceving, but it looks like a 8 footer.

12. Superior L & L

from MI

Looks like a waste of a loader with that little box!

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a couple, trying to find the one of our JCB. These are pics of one of my subs loaders, a JD 544G with an 18' ProTech. I'll keep looking for the others. Maybe BigDog has them. ;) :D

2-9-04 snow pics 024 (Small).jpg

2-9-04 snow pics 025 (Small).jpg

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

15. ajech

ajech Member

Actually the pusher you see in the pusher is one that I bought from QuickAttach. It isn't a pro-tech. The only thing I don't like about it is that they only give you two adjustment holes for the skid shoes on the side. So you either have the cutting blade about 3/4" below the skid shoes or if you put them in the other hole the cutting blade runs about 1/4" above the skid shoes and leaves snow behind. I run it below the skid shoes. It does a great job on pavement but you have to use your controls to keep it off of the gravel like I am doing in the pictures above. As far a traction goes I havn't had a problem yet. You can't do a lot of turning with it if you have a full load. If you are pushing straight ahead you won't have any problems. I bought the 8 footer just because I couldn't get a diffinitive answere out of anyone about whether the 10ft would be to large for my machine. All of the dealers I talked to said, "You have plenty of power with that machine to push a 10 foot box." It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't get it to the ground. I would rather have to make a couple extra passes, than have to fight it all of the time. Plus the 8 ft. works well for trasport through town. With the 2 speed I just road the machine to different jobs through town. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

16. Superior L & L

from MI

Just picked this one up from Hertz at the start of the season. It has a 14' pusher that is nice for the 2" ers but i think will struggle with a lot of heavy snow. Not that i would know about lots of snow this year.!

superior lawn 008.jpg

17. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Real nice work there!!!!

18. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

New Holland TV-140 with a 10ft blade.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boss drives the same tractor but he has the 12ft blade and hydraulic sideboards.

19. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

[​IMG]

Heres our John Deere with 12ft avalanche.

20. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I second that, maybe there is a reason for the small pusher, I mean after all it is a case:D