1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loaders needed

Discussion in 'Employment' started by HC_Fleet, Jan 23, 2016.

1. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

Howard County Government is looking for loaders to rent (with or without operator) for emergency snow removal. Must be rubber tire loader with 3-yard bucket.

Contact John Pearson at Howard County Central Fleet @ jrpearson@howardcountymd.gov
  2. simsfire479

simsfire479 Junior Member
    from CT

if you need any regular plows let me know willing to make the trip down
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Kind of the ninth hour, isn't it?
  4. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

What size trucks and how many?
  5. simsfire479

simsfire479 Junior Member
    from CT

I have a 8 foot fisher on a chevy 2500 diesel. I can ask a few buddy we all have about the size plow
  6. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

Was just told that we are good on trucks. Just looking for extra loaders (Cat 980 or equivalent) at this time.

Thank you.
  7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious, how much per hour, and who pays for the move?
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

980 ?? You'll scoop up some cars in a bucket that big
  9. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

Cat 980 and equivalent...seriously. Couldn't imagine the nightmare of transporting that into your area with the current situation.
  10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

First post is for a 30k lb machine

Then it's a 70k lb machine.

So which is it?

I'm also curious about the logistics of transporting a machine of that size.
  11. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

The width isn't the problem, less than 11'. We've hauled them on our 835b landoll detachable necks before. Youre talking a 65,000lb machine though. Need overweight permits in our home state and many over as the truck and trailer weighs right around 35,000 empty. Height is usually ok, raised up on the drop deck right around 13'3". I just think I'd be nervous trying to navigate the roads getting it there. However large piles of green has been know to put a calming effect to my nerves.
  12. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

The man does not need the BS that often goes on here. He has enough stress right now. He is legitimately and specifically asking for help. As a courtesy keep your response to the point. I understand where he is at as I plowed a famous snow in 1978 that stressed us all.
  13. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant 930. Guess I do need to get some sleep...
  14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck to you. If I were closer I'd gladly help you out.

Have you tried contacting Alban Cat to see what machines they have available?
  15. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

Thanks Herm. We normally do not outsource snow removal but will definitely be looking at adding some companies on contract in the future for times like these. We will get it done, its just going to take longer...
  16. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

Yes, they were the first call actually, followed by all the rental companies. This storm affected such a large area I knew it would be a longshot to find a machine. We will have to make do with what we have.
  17. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

Have 2 Deere 524k available. Let me know how long you'd need them for, with bucket or pushers. Could have them there in 15-16 hours.
  18. HC_Fleet

HC_Fleet Junior Member

Can you send your company name/contact information to my email address? Will also need your rate and a quote on transport costs.
  19. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

I would think you would have better luck if you were not requesting such a large loader. I would want who was available with a reasonable size loader you do not have 4 or 5ft. Your a little late to be asking for Specs on a machine.

Good Luck, I hope you can get this done in a reasonable amount of time. JMO
  20. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

We have 4-5 ft hey windrows of wet heavy snow sitting in every turning lane. Not saying he needs a huge loader, but it's pretty bad here.

Ever seen a 16 wheel dump truck stack snow? Me either lol