1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader Work

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by bigearl, Jan 9, 2009.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

What is the price that everyone is charging to push back snow banks ? The loader has a 2-3 yd bucket if that helps. I know every area is going to charge different I was just curious to what the average is I think I am getting a good deal @ $85.00/hr.
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If your paying $85 I'd think to myself how much more can I make off that without making my accounts upset. What do some of your contractors freinds bill out?
  3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

So are you saying that that isnt a good deal? Iset my rate at $100.00 All I know is I dont have to touch it and I am happy for that
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

NO $85 is great, I thought you were asking how much to bill out, but since you have a set rate of $100 I guess I was wrong.:drinkup: BTW What type of loader are you getting for $85?
  5. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

It is a jcb I just dont know the size. All I know it is bigger than the one I got :jester:
  6. digit

digit Member

I think your getting a real good deal especially for winter work which usually is higher
  7. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Last winter we charged $125-150 for a backhoe with 4 hr min. Raise your rate.
  8. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

I rent a loader from the fertilizer plant I work at. Costs me $200/hr. $100 for the machine and $100 for operator. But i'm the operator so I really my cost is $100. So yeah your getting a good deal.
  9. gkp

gkp Member

We charge $125 per hour in Madison for an s300.
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Anywhere from $150-1$80 an hour for a 3 yard loader. R/T backhoes are $120 an hour in the winter, S/S are $95 an hour. All with 8 Hour minimums and 1 float charge $250 for reg customers, one timers get charged in and out floats. If the machine can be roaded to the job, it bets billed when the operator opens the gate to the yard and fires the machine up and stops when he refuels and parks it at the end of the night. What your paying is a good price.
  11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ok thats it, Im selling my business in Quebec and moving to Toronto. With 8 hr min. + float charge, at those rates. I live in the wrong area.
  12. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Im at $105 per hour with a skid loader with a 1 yard bucket. I charge $250 per hour for the Doosan DL300 I lease through the winter with a 4.5yard bucket and man that think can move some piles, hell it weights 40,000 lbs and breaks curbs without even knowing.
  13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

We charge out 125.00/hr for a 966F 8 yrd bucket with operator to the customers or other contractors and rent the machine for 85.00/hr for just the machine
  14. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

Ya but you would have to live in Toronto!!!:p
    Two weeks later you'd be looking for:help: moving back to La Belle Province
  15. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Your gettin a steal deal!!! In Ottawa, the minimum cost for a "backhoe" is $78/hr ( 4 hr min ) so if ur gettin a loader for that price, go for it! :waving:

Anythin over $85 for a backhoe is a gouge. :nod: ( not including markup)
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  16. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Round here $125+/hr 2 hour minimun