1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader vs Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Theshoemaker, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Ok, the avg. amount of area cleared by a pick-up is apprx. 1 acre an hour, What would the avg. be for a loader with a 12ft box?? Also how much of a difference between 12ft and 14ft pusher??

Thanks!!!

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Shoe,

You've posted alot of ?s which is good. but my advice to you is if your serious about snow (which it seems you are) consider joining SIMA..... The info there will boggle your mind..... and you know it comes from people with experience

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on joining SIMA....Lots of info....

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

X3 and use my name for a referral and get 50 bucks off your membership.
    www.sima.org

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

On avg we have found a 12ft pusher with a good operator will 2.5 times as much as a pickup. The bigger the storms get the more the loader gets done in comparison. Our lots are all 2+ acres so I'm not sure how it would compare on smaller lots.

6. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would pretty much agree. Definately as their gets to be more material the more the loader shines.