1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader usage?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 512high, Feb 1, 2016.

1. 512high

512high Senior Member

Hi Everyone for New Hampshire, A year ago we were getting massive storms one after another, today they forecast about 56F for a high, I have a 2011 John Deere 244J loader, we use just for snow, during off season sits inside. My question is every month, snow or not i run the loader for about 30 minutes, road it for a mile or two, raise/curl bucket..then back to shop, battery tender etc.

For those that use equipment like this/same(winter only) do you all do anything different?

Thanks

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Just top off fluids including fuel. And, of course, checks of the hoses, wires, pins, zerks, etc.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would use it as a daily driver, Not like your going to get any funny looks from up there.

4. 512high

512high Senior Member

LOL, well my city is the 2nd largest in the state...not that rural....with no snow..not a bad idea!

5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

As long as you bring it up to full operating temp I think you're doing the right thing.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Put a remote start, you'll be fine

7. 512high

512high Senior Member

Thanks guys for the responses..