1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loader tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by BowTieDmax, Jul 30, 2011.

1. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Im hoping to buy a IT28 loader for this year. What are the best tires for moving snow?
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Unlessv there shot use what is on it, once you see the price you'll see why I say this. There are snows made for tractors, so I would assume the would have them for loaders, I believe Nowkeian, spelling is not my strong suit. I haven't yet had to put tires on a machine so I have no idea the cost of snows vs standard duty, eventually I find out as we only use our stuff for snow.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I'm with mike...... I was curious also till I found of the price of them.... If my memory serves me correctly I think all 4 were going to cost in excess of $8000.........
  4. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

I will have to find out what they are but I believe these are retreads.

Loader tire.jpg
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I had new tires put on our loader last year before we bought it. It had a skid steer looking tread but were shot and they put a more ag tractor tire on which I wasn't thrilled about. They do ok but tend to slip a lot on packed snow. I think the best would be the (Industrial) type tread but those of course are the most expensive. IMO, if you don't salt these lots often spend the extra money for anything but he ag type tread.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

The one in the pic a few replies above is good also Michelin makes a good tire for wheel loaders for snow.

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Radial loader tires can be recapped. This will be much more economical than new. Check witth your local industrial tire supplier.