1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader tire questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RLM, Jun 5, 2012.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

One of my loaders has a slow leak in one tire, I'm assuming it has become slightly dryrotted, aside from the obvious replacement of tire or having a tube installed what else can be done ? Will slime (or other tire sealants help), obviously I will need a good bit.
    The other question is the valves on the other three tires are larger in diameter that your typical tire valve, where do i get either an adapter or new stems ?
  2. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Give your local heavy equipment dealer a call and get a number for a tire store that they recomend that works on loader tires I have ran alot of older loaders and never seen one that the tires were dry rotted maybe its just a beed leak or valve stem leak.
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Clean it real good, fill it to max psi, spray all over with soapy water and look for bubbles.
    At least you'll narrow it down- tire sidewall,nail in tread,bad valve, bad rim/bead.