1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader tire pressure

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by t-sig, Mar 5, 2010.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

This may seem silly, but: I have an old Trojan 1900. I have operators manuals, but I can't find what to run for pressure in the tires. Not only that, but the tires don't have any kind of recommended pressure on them either. They are Loader/Grader tires. I don't know if they should have 20 psi or 80 psi. Thanks in advance.

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It require lot lot psi than that if I can remember.

80 psi would squash when lift 9k pound of steel.

Try 80 psi and see if it not squash when you lift stuff.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It's hard to believe there isn't anything on them. What brand of tire, size, and Ply? You could go to the company's website and look it up. Most important would be the Ply which would help dictate air pressure
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I would guess app.40 PSI,but as someone said,call up a big tire dealer and tell them the size and ply,even if they don't have the same brand tire,that should get you in the ballpark safely.
  5. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

I have the same issue with the tires on my Michagen Loader.... I use it in the summer to load and move lumber.... I've been running 45- 50 lbs the tires don't seem to squat when caring a load
  6. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

We used to run 60 front 45 rear for all purpose stuff. Sand we'd drop it to 50/40 even abit lower if yah want.