1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loader thoughts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MI Green, Feb 4, 2014.

1. MI Green

MI Green Member

One of my lawn customers has a Michigan loader with a 5yd bucket on it. Its been sitting for 15 years and has only been ran now and then after they built their house and ponds. She says they bought new tires way back when for 6k and needs new hydro seals. She said fixed she was going to sell it for 20k and I might be able to get it for 15k. What do you all think about it? I don't know the year or hrs yet, but it is one sexy looking beast and looks like it is lower hrs.

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Tell her to go sell it for 20k then. Not going to fetch that. It needs new hydro seals is rather vague. Cylinder seals will run 500 minimum per cylinder. If the pump it's self has issues you could easily be 10-20 thousand on that alone. I don't doubt the tires were that much but they are dry rotted out by now. I would be very hesitant to purchase a machine that has sat that long. You can get nice cat 950 or 966 b model machines for a very good price. Those are built proof run forever machines. 10-15 thousand for a good runner.

3. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

If it's a Detroit diesel I wouldn't touch it. More then likely it is a cummins, that engine shouldn't give you any problems. Just make sure the turbo spins and put a big bar on the crank and make a full revolution with it before you crank on it.

4. MI Green

MI Green Member

Like I said that was 20k with everything fixed. The other thing is that I can trade it for mowing. I guess everything works except for brakes and it leaks fluid due to seals. This is also twice the size of a cat 950 http://www.ritchiespecs.com/specifi...&make=Clark+Michigan&model=175C&modelid=91458 michigan weighs almost 58,000 lbs and the cat weighs 950 weighs 28,500. michigan is 288hp, cat is 130hp. Cat is 10,320 breakout force, michigan is 38,200 lbs. This is one massive machine :redbounce

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

What are you going to use it for?

Got to think about transport cost too

6. MI Green

MI Green Member

pushing snow, I am thinking a 22ft daniels blade would do nicely. It is about 15 miles from my house, and it would sit on site in the winter. If i had to move it I would just drive it.

7. MI Green

MI Green Member

stupid unsubscribe button........