1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader Slashing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by viper881, Oct 21, 2009.

1. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Any body elses prices getting slashed per hour for loader work? Guys are coming in at $ 90.00 in hr with 3yd bucket!

2. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

thats the going price around here for snow. i've even seen a small loader with yard and a half bucket go for 65/ hour.

3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Thats what happens when equipment is sitting around with nothing to do. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Not good business but that is what is happening.

4. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

I have heard of very low prices. The thing is people either own the equipment or are trying to hang on. They are scared of change. But you said it that the direction its going poeple will run the equipment untill they have a big breakdown or figure out there better off getting out.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Its simple.
    Half the rate for half the speed.

6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

When talking about a bucket, I hope the OP is talking about stacking or relocation work. I just dont see a bucket on a wheel loader as a very efficient way to plow snow compared to a box or wider plow.

7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Bucket size comparing with the size of a loader. You cant put a 16 pusher on a 1.5 yard loader. Thats what i was comparing. The amount of work you can do with a 3 yd bucket loader compared to a 1-1/5 yard bucket loader.

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

hate to be a lowballer here, but i bought my first loader this year, and i am billing it out at $100/hour
    i got a good deal on it, and well make good money on it even at that price,