Snow Plowing Forum banner

Loader rental

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  procut1 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have a question about loader rental. I am bidding a property that is going to require something with atleast a 12 foot pusher on it. My question is do I charge the property company the cost of renting the loader plus my time. Or do i just charge them a hourly rate for the loader? How do I go about doing this?

#5 ·
I would be renting the machine for the site i am bidding. I will use it to stack snow at other sites tho. The site is to big to plow by use of a pickup truck. It can be done but you'll be there a while. There is no cap on hours either as far as I know.

#7 ·
Oh deff. A hourly rate around here for a loader is about 120 bucks, if it has a 12 foot pusher on it. Thats what I was gonna charge them but I don't know where to start as far as this whole thing goes.

#8 ·
Really your questions are the same, unless you plan on running the loader for free. Which I would if I could afford it, but not owning my own company.

Just set an hourly rate that includes your labor.

The KISS method.

#9 ·
I'm I missing something? He bid a property that needs a loader,so the loader should be included in the price if it's a seasonal contract. If it's by the push it should be in the price of each push. If it's hourly why aren't you using pickups?
To me you can't bid a property for a certain amount then turn around and tell them they need to pay an hourly rate to do the work. Now if it's used for about the contract terms say for stacking or removal then yes, it's and hourly charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.