1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader rental

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Sep 28, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys. I have a question about loader rental. I am bidding a property that is going to require something with atleast a 12 foot pusher on it. My question is do I charge the property company the cost of renting the loader plus my time. Or do i just charge them a hourly rate for the loader? How do I go about doing this?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the time if your using the loader all season then it's part of the contract.But if your doing stacking or removal at their request then it's hourly ,machine plus labor.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

what gv said. United rental has good rates on season long lease

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you rent/lease one for the season find out if it has a cap on the # of hours. You usually pay hourly for anything over the max hours.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I would be renting the machine for the site i am bidding. I will use it to stack snow at other sites tho. The site is to big to plow by use of a pickup truck. It can be done but you'll be there a while. There is no cap on hours either as far as I know.

6. digit

digit Member

If you are going to charge an hourly rate make sure it is high enough that you cover your cost for a light snow year.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Oh deff. A hourly rate around here for a loader is about 120 bucks, if it has a 12 foot pusher on it. Thats what I was gonna charge them but I don't know where to start as far as this whole thing goes.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Really your questions are the same, unless you plan on running the loader for free. Which I would if I could afford it, but not owning my own company.

Just set an hourly rate that includes your labor.

The KISS method.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm I missing something? He bid a property that needs a loader,so the loader should be included in the price if it's a seasonal contract. If it's by the push it should be in the price of each push. If it's hourly why aren't you using pickups?
    To me you can't bid a property for a certain amount then turn around and tell them they need to pay an hourly rate to do the work. Now if it's used for about the contract terms say for stacking or removal then yes, it's and hourly charge.

10. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Wait $120 an hour for a 100k loader with 12' push block????? wow.

11. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Thats different snow country out there. You can also find subs for $50 an hour.

12. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Ya but how do you make a 100k equipment payment on 50-100 an hour???:dizzy:

13. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

The more time you have to look, the cheaper you will find someone for.

Personally I only rent loaders for all inclusive set price contracts.

I would not put a fixed expense on a variable contract.