1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawnking, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Lawnking

Lawnking Junior Member

I am trying to find out how much to charge per hour on a 12,000# front end loader for moving snow. I currently run a Bobcat and know what to charge, but I have know idea what a current price on a front end loader would be. Thanks for any help on the subject

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Just wondering what you charge for a Bobcat?
    Loaders in my market could range from $95.- $250.per hour
    Depends on what your market would allow you to charge.
    I am sure you will get more advice.
    Good Luck

3. Lawnking

Lawnking Junior Member

I get 50$ per hour with a bucket or 8 foot blade. 75$ per hour with a snowblower. Do these rates sound reasonable?

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

12,000 LB loader isn't very big. Right around 90 to 95

A 24,000 LB loader will equal more money.

Geoff

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

with the costs of heavy equipment,especaily loaders,I think 90 an hr is low.My uncle charges around 200/hr with a 500 minimum.It is a 5 yard loader,and can move a lot of snow in an hour.

6. CCLC

CCLC Member

We charge $165 per hour for a loader this size. This includes travel time between jobs. If the job goes over 2 hours then the rate gets discounted. For a bobcat we charge $80 to $100 per hour.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

After talking with a buch of you on here i put my backhoe up at $125 and hour or if it's a big job 3hour min.@$85 do those rates sound ok for 1yd machine?

8. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Remember....

All markets are different.
    One price in one market is another price in another market.

Be careful.

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Exactly!

You are all welcome to come here the next time it snows & I will find you plenty of work at those rates.

10. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

We get $125 per hour for a 2 yard loader with a two hour minium. Some guys get less and some charge more but we are right around the average for our area.Just My two cents

11. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I have seen rates for backhoe/loader in the $150 to $180 an hour in my area. These are NOT the big 2, 3 or 5 yard bucket articulated front end loaders. Just 1 to 1-1/2 yd
    bucket 4wd Case and Cat backhoes.

I have also seen rates for tandem and triaxle dumps from $160 to $200 per hour.

Personally, These rates sound reasonable for my area.

12. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons Junior Member

Being a little guy, I sub out loader/removal work.

Plenty of subs to chose from in my area. For my small bobcat work, I pay $75/hr. For articulated loader w/ 3 yard bucket, I pay $45/hr. Then I add in my percentage of course, for the final bill to customers.

13. lawnboyil

lawnboyil Junior Member

just to add the midwest area we are getting a $100 per hour for a bobcat

alex

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

$75 for a 580 case 4 hr min in mass form a freind of mine